Tuesday, February 9, 2016

2/9/2016 DB's Dailies: Right Spot@Sandy Beach, RG32,Kimo Kai & U/M@RI, Kekoa,RL42&RW02@Maili Point, Ka'ena&RIP@Ka'ena Point, Rocky@Diamond Head, BG@Campbell Wildlife Refuge,

At 0812 posse member Dan called with the report of an animal at the east end of Sandy Beach. When I arrived at 0820 I found Right Spot (R016) and cordoned her off. She departed at 1900.

 My first look at Rabbit Island at 0716 had been a zero, and even when I got back at 0855 it was still a bust. Finally, at 1000 RG32 hauled out fronting 12BS.

 At 1208 on a pan I found that Kimo Kai (RT12) had hauled out to join RG32.

 I panned over to look at the left end rock flats at 1210 I found an animal there. It would prove to be a probable juvenile male, but that is as good as I can do. He just never gave me anything to work with. Kainoa would be my guess, but ?????????

 At 0915 Team Billand reported 2 forager off shore of Maili Point.  At 0948 Kekoa (RK72) would haul out to his favorite water hole at Maili Point, and the could no longer see the other animal outside.

 At 1328 the Billands once again saw 2 foragers, and Kekoa was still on the rocks. At 1504 Barbara was able to get an RL42 tag for one of them. The other took some work but it may well be RW02. 

Tammy T., did the End of the World trek today, They found RIP (RR70) on the Back Beach, and Ka’ena (RO40) at the Main Pool. Thanks guys & welcome home !

 A Colleen text at 1543 brought the surprise news that Rocky (RH58) was at Beach Rd., Diamond Head. Thanks Colleen !! Rocky remains at dark.

 Diane Gabriel forwarded a shot from Carola, who had forwarded a shot from a hiker, who saw an animal at Campbell Wildlife Refuge. It was BG (R303).


 u/m
 kimo kai and RG32
 Right Spot
 Kekoa
 RL42
 RW02 and RL42
 RL42
Ka'ena
 Rip

No comments: