Wednesday, November 11, 2015

11/11/2015 DB's Dailies: Kolohe,Kimo Kai, Kea&Kainoa@RI, DB, U/U@Mokes, Noelle Murphy, RW02@Mokuleia, Lesley M., Aukai,Luana&RIP@Ka'ena Point, Ken Tingman

On my first look at Rabbit Island at 0707 I found what would prove to be Kolohe (RW22) and Kimo Kai (RT12) in the Morning Glory fronting 1BS. Both would move down and remained all day.

 Also at 0707 I found Kea (RN46) snoozin’ in the Morning Glory, 50 ft right of 3BS. He would later move down allowing the ID, but his RFF natural bleach.

 At 1233 Kea would be joined by Kainoa (RN04). After some minimal interaction both settled back to snooze mode. 

Lesley called at 0738 to advise that RW02 was once again near the Lyman Estate.

 The highlight of the day with a call from Marilyn who had just gotten a call from fellow Ka’ena Pt trekker Ken Tingman who was out at the point today, with RIP (RR70), Luana (RN58), and “L13" who was new to him. He was asking for ID info. Marilyn & I both had the same reaction..... OMG !!!! Its Aukai (RL12) !!!!!! Aukai is a 3 yr old , Rabbit Island girl, who until today had a documented range of Maunalua Bay to the Mokes. It looks like she is off on a grand adventure.

 Afternoon email Dana brought a forward from Noelle Murphy, with two shots of a seal she had encountered on the Mokes today. While an ID is impossible, and a U/U is required, the slack abdomen, and old coat (when blown up) certainly puts Right Spot at the top of my “possibles” list. I looked long and hard for her today, since she had been in my life the past two days, but alas I could not find her. I thought through the day that I’d put a cat on her being either at the Mokes or the Marine Base today.

 Kainoa and Kea 
 Kea 
 Kimo Kai and Kolohe
 UU out on the mokes.... good possibility it's Right Spot
RW02 hanging out looking handsome in his new coat...
 Aukai and Luana at Ka'ena Point
 Aukai's 1st trip to Ka'ena Point
 Luana
 Rip
 Rip

No comments: