Thursday, October 1, 2015

10/1/2015 DB's Dailies: Kea,Kainoa,Kaiwi,Kekoa&UM@ Rabbit Island, Benny@Paradise Cove, U'ilani@Maili Point

On my 2nd look at Rabbit Island at 1044, I found Kaiwi (RK96) & Kainoa (RN04) together 40 ft left of 1BS.

 On a pan at 1107 I found that they had been joined by Kea (RN46),Kekoa (RK72) and the probable subadult U/M. All of the boys would enter the water at 1123.

 I have good & bad news concerning little Kea. First of all, I thought that I saw tiny breaks on his chest yesterday, but wasn’t quite sure. Today I’m sure. The kid is 20% molted on D#2 . His chest is bare, and his face & dorsal side are ragged looking. On the bad news side, I noted that his signature white bleach mark on his right fore flipper tip, is a pink tip. He has sustained some kind of injury to that RFF tip. He seemed to be galumphing okay, but I could see he was favoring it a bit. My shots don’t pick up the pink color. I will, of course, be keeping an eye on the boy.

 On a pan at 1213 I found Kekoa hauled out 80 ft right of 3BS.

 On a pan at 1219 I found the U/M, Kea & Kainoa at Right Middle Cliff. All 3 would enter the water at 1410. Rain, and white water impacting my office, made an early departure advisable.

 Team Billand called at 1329 with the report of U’ilani (RN36) at Maili Point.

 Lesley M., checked in at 1446 with the report of a skinny, green , girl at MCBH. Photos are inconclusive she said, but this is yet another reason to suspect that Right Spot is back to her old galumphing grounds.

 A DanaTxt at 1525 forwarded photos from Terri T., showing a green animal with tags , at Paradise Cove. At 1529 the Billands confirmed that it was Benny (E74). A DanaTxt at 1718 advised that Benny had departed.


 UM, Kea Kaiwi and Kainoa 
Benny @ Paradise Cove
 Benny whiskers
 U'ilani

No comments: