Tuesday, August 11, 2015

8/11/2015 DB's Dailies: Kainoa&Nani@RI, Kea@SB, Kaiwi@CW, Kolohe@LL, U/U Chun's, Holokai@TB, RK36@Ke Iki

Eureka !!!! Finally, an ID on the U/F !! Michelle Hester , an HPU bird person, had contacted me yesterday, advising that a trip to RI was on for today, to look at Wedge Tailed Shearwaters (Wedgies), and nests. I asked her to pleeeeze get an ID for me, and she pulled it off. She and David went out this morning, and at 0730 confirmed the U/F as Nani (RK60),at 3BS, by her K61 tag !

 Nani shared Rabbit Island with Kainoa (RN04)today, at 1BS.

 At 1312 I found Kea (RN46) snuggled into the rocks of the outfall at the east end of Sandy Beach. Just as I was tying off the last sign, he departed, due to rising tide, at 1330. I observed him heading east. Tomorrow RI ???? Only Kea Knows . His absences have been getting longer. It has been in the 14 day area. This time was 19 days. Where is the boy going ??? I say again Only Kea Knows !!

 At 1347 I found Kaiwi (RK96) at China Walls. While on Kaiwi. Today, she turns 4 years old. Happy Birthday Kaiwi !!!

 At 1221 Ocean Safety called with the report of an animal at “Kamasugi’s”, between Chun’s & Leftovers on the North Shore. Dana notified. Awaiting further info.

 During that same conversation Dana advised that Ua has (so far) been gone all day. Weaner ??? Only Ua Knows !

 At 1347 Diane G., called with a Hotline report of RK36 at Ke Iki beach on the North Shore. ID was by 4DI (or 401) tag number.

 At 1726 Gayle called to advise that Kolohe (RW22) was at Buster Flats, Lanai Lookout. He had not been there on my 1500 check. When I arrived at 1740 I confirmed that it was Kolohe on his right side NB.

Happy Birthday Kaiwi
 Kainoa 
 Kaiwi 
 she's fout now.... which means she's pretty much old enough to have her own baby in the next year 
 Kea
 little dude got some green happening
 Kolohe
 Mystery solved.... UF is Nani!

No comments: