Friday, April 17, 2015

4/17/2015 DB's Dailies: Sadie,PO2, Kaiwi&Aukai@RI

At 0749 I found Sadie&PO2 (RB12)(D#2) partially visible amongst the rocks at the far left end of the beach on Rabbit Island. No matter if it was feeding or snoozin’ Sadie kept the pup in the tidal zone all day, so the kid was nearly always wet. They would move up with the high tide to a dry spot, late in the day .

 Also at 0749 I found what would prove to be Aukai (RL12) at the log, 40 ft left of IBS. She would move down to cool off, mid morning, fronting 1BS, and she also moved up with the tide.

 On a routine pan, at 1048 I suddenly became aware of the dome of a back, out on the left rock flats. It was dry and far back near the cliff, so it had probably been there all morning, and finally move up just enough to be seen. I would finally get the Kaiwi (RK96) ID, when the rising tide forced her on to the beach, and up next to the log, 40 ft left of 1BS. It was during that movement that I spied the N72 beach.

 It’s almost impossible to believe that I received no other reports today, from anybody on Oahu, but at day’s end my little crew on RI is the only cast that I’m aware of.  Funny last night I posted 50+ photos and tonight we have 4...  perhaps tomorrow there will be an abundance of information under the Yesterday's News department.

Aukai
 Kaiwi, Sadie PO2 and Aukai 
 Sadie and PO2

2 comments:

Tony said...

Isn't N72 Kekoa instead of Kaiwi?

Anonymous said...

Welllll... yes, but this year it's gonna' be Kaiwi. The animals were together and Mark bleached the wrong one. DB