Tuesday, April 14, 2015

4/14/2015 DB's Dailies: Sadie, Kaiwi, Kainoa&UF @ Rabbit Island

On my first look at Rabbit Island, at 0657 I found a chunky Sadie (RB12) on the rocks at the left end of the beach. I also found what would turn out to be an U/F, 80 ft left of 3BS. Though visible all day, I was never about to confirm an ID due to lack of movement and crappy lighting.

 When I got back to Makai Pier at 0830 I found Sadie just moving to the water at the left end. She would enter the water at 0844, and haul out again fronting 2BS at 1005. After a brief break she would reenter the water at 1024, and haul out again back where she started at the left end at 1137.

 At 0830, Kainoa (RN04) hauled out fronting 1BS. He would be joined by Kaiwi (RK96) at 1138. Kaiwi would finally take up a position mid way between Sadie & Kainoa, an all snoozed away the day. The only call received today came a 1628.

Apparently, there had been an animal at Shark’s Cove again today, however it departed 15 minutes prior to Lesley’s arrival, according to witnesses.

There were no reports from the westside today. INCONCEIVABLE !  :-)
 Sadie
  Kainoa
 Sadie, Kaiwi and Kainoa

No comments: