Monday, January 5, 2015

1/5/2015 DB's Dailies: Buster,2UF,RM38&Kainoa@RI, Kea@BH, Haupu&RIP@WP, Kolohe@Maili Pt

First things first. Many have asked how Benny is doing. I think this link is the perfect answer to your questions. Thank you Charles & the rest of the Benny time for this update. It is from the NOAA facebook page. *** see the next blog post for the video from NOAA's facebook page

 Photo Tour guide posse member, Alex called at 0703 from the Blowhole end of Sandy Beach to advise that they had been watching a foraging animal for 20 minutes. Since I was at the Blowhole Lookout at th time I immediately found the forager off shore of Sandy Beach. Unfortunately , I saw only a single up, and then lost it. I spent the rest of the morning, until 0930 going back and forth between the SB outfall, and Blowhole, since Kea was at the top of my list. I gave up at 0930 and headed for the pier. Just as I pulled onto Makai Pier, a 0940, I got a call from Diane Terai, advising that Kea (RN46) was at the cove on the Sandy Beach side of the Blowhole Lookout. On my 1403 recheck he was still there. Thank You Diane ! Kea was still there at dark.

 At 0819 I found a 15% molted Buster (RV08) & an UF, in the Morning Glory, 20 ft left of 1BS, and another U/F 30 ft right of 1BS. I was never able to ID either of them.

 At 0940 on a pan I found RM38 at Seal Rock Inlet.

 At 1020 on a pan I became aware of a partially visible animal amongst th water front rocks at the far left end of Rabbit Island. It may well have been there all along, and I just missed it.

At 1253 I was finally able to make the Kainoa (RN04) ID.

 Team Billand reported Haupu (RB24) at the White Plains showers at 0920. She would be joined by RIP (RR70) at 1347. Both would depart at 1738.

 At 1253 the Billands found Kolohe (RW22) at Maili Point.

 Buster
 Buster and Kainoa
 UF 
 Kea at Blow Hole
 Haupu and Rip
 We have a new love story between these two.... (makes me miss Irma and Kermit's love affair)
 Happy Haupu
 Kolohe at Maili
 La Bella Luna

No comments: