Tuesday, January 20, 2015

1/19/2015 DB's Dailies: Kolohe,Buster&Aukai@RI, UU@BH, Haupu&RIP@WP, Pohaku@Electric Bch, Benny Maps, 1-19-15 Yesterday's News, Luana&Ka'ena@KP

At 0723 on my first look at Rabbit Island, I found Kolohe (RW22) in the Morning Glory, 20 ft left of 1BS. He may well have been my U/U from yesterday ??? He would later move down and enter the water at 1004, and haul out to the left end rock flats at 1045 where he remained the rest of the day. 

Also at 0723 I found Aukai (RL12) near the Morning Glory, behind Seal Rock Inlet. She would move down to cool off, and remain the day.

 On a pan at 0849 I found Buster (RV08) tucked into the base of the cliff, 100 ft left of 1BS. He had no doubt been there all along, and I simply missed him until the lighting was such that he became visible. His D#19 molt is 95%.

 On my evening Blowhole Lookout check, at 1728 I found an adult sized animal with at least 1 red tag, and a new coat, doing 7-8 minute dives. My gut says Duke, but there is no way to prove that. 

Team Billand checked in at 0927 to advise that they were following a foraging Haupu near the Nimitz Jetty, and leisurely moving east. Finally, at 1137 they reported her haul out between Tower#1, and the fence line at White Plains.

 At 1434 Team Billand advised that RIP (RR70) was now also at White Plains.

 Great news from Dr. Charles. He sent Benny (RE74) maps showing his travels since being released. I’m sure you’ll enjoy them as much as I did.

In the Yesterday’s News department, Ken Tingman trod to the End of the World yesterday, and found Ka’ena (RO40) on his way in from the Mokuleia side, and at Ka’ena Point, on the back beach he found the lovely, Luana (RN58). Malahos Ken!!

 Aukai
 Buster
  Kolohe 
 Go Benny Go !!   
unknown swimming by at blow hole
 and now swimming the other way
 Haupu and Rip
 Haupu and trash 
 and the beach was packed
 Rip resting

No comments: