Tuesday, December 9, 2014

12/9/2014 DB's Dailies: Kea@RI, Buster@BF, Kaiwi@TBL, RM38&UU@RI, Haupu@Ulehawa's, Pohaku@PC, Benny@ WP

The east end of Sandy Beach was Monk Seal free. I hung around there until 0830.

 At 0840 I on a check of the Blowhole end of Sandy Beach, I found Kea tucked into the same spot I’d seen him day before yesterday, right where the sand ends and the rocks begin. I cordoned him off as best I could given the limited geography. He has remained all day. Gayle advised that Kea departed at 1740.

 At 1103 Gayle reported Buster (RV08)at Buster Flats, Lanai Lookout.

 At 1216 Hanauma Bay security posse person Jaime reported at animal at Toilet Bowl. When I got down there at 1308 I found Kaiwi (RK96).

 Team Billand called at 0916 with the report of Haupu (RB24) at Ulehawa’s.

 At 0922 they advised that Pokahu (RO28) was at Paradise Cove.

 At 1017 the Billands found Benny (RE74) fronting T#2, White Plains.

 I didn’t even get to Makai Pier until 1630. At that time I found RM38 and an U/U together, 50 ft left of 1BS.

 Unfortunately, most of my day was spent trying to get my life back together after last night’s car break in. At end of day today I am back in business, with new glass, camera, tripod, and most importantly, thanks to Team Billand and their unbelievable generosity, back in the Spotting Scope business.  Soooo awesome!  Happy to hear you're back on track DB, and Team Billand you are amazing.....  Wish I could have done the same.

The Billands are working late with Benny. Check the blog in the morning for their day.

 Buster 
 Kaiwi at Toilet Bowl  (minus the campers)
 Kea resting at Sandys
 I guess the rock is more comfortable than it looks
 RM38 at Rabbit Island

No comments: