Saturday, December 6, 2014

12/6/2014 DB's Dailies: Buster,Kainoa,RM38,&Duke@RI, Kea@SB, Kaiwi@CW, Pohaku@Electric Beach, Benny@ Nimitz Cottages, BG, RL42,RW02&Ka'ena@KP, RIP&Luana@Hidden Beach

Both Sandy Beach & Rabbit Island where Monk Seal free in my first passes. It would be 1036 before I saw my first critter. I found Buster (RV08) at 40 ft left of 1BS, and Kainoa (RN04) at Left Greenery on Rabbit Island. On a pan a 1043 I found a 30% molted RM38, at 3BS. On my 1222 recheck I found that Duke (RA12) had now joined Buster at 1BS on RI.

 Ocean Safety called at 1115 with the report of a new arrival at the east end of Sandy Beach. When I arrived at 1122 I found Kea (RN46) on the outfall, and cordoned him off.

Gayle called at 1741 to advise that Kea was departing. Thank you Kea, and thank you Gayle.

 Gayle called at 1125 with the report of Kaiwi (RK96) at China Walls.

 Marilyn, Lesley & Gina trekked to the End of the World, on the usual Saturday trip. They found a 70% molted Ka’ena (RO40), BG (R303), RL42 & RW02 at Ka’ena Point, and RIP (RR70)& Luana (RN58) at Hidden Beach.

 At 1408 Team Billand reported Pohaku (RO28) at Electric Beach. At 1610 they found Benny (RE74) at #1705, Nimitz Cottages.

 In the Yesterday’s News department, Gary Langley sent shots of Pohaku’s son, RF28 on Kauai.
Buster and Duke
 Kainoa 
 RM38
 Kaiwi
 Kea
Apparently this dude walks through the SPZ with his unleashed dog (okay it's a cute puppy) daily.... technically he's not breaking any laws.... but attitude and not giving a crap he's well... you can fill in the blank.
 BG at Ka'ena Point
 Ka'ena
 still molting
 Luana at hidden beach
 rip and luana at hidden beach
 
 RL42
 RW02
Pohaku at Electric Beach
 Benny at Nimitz... and some of the disrespectful....
 I honestly wish no harm on people but there are times when I wish a seal would just charge towards someone and scare the crap out of them.... geesh Benny.... do something
 apparently Benny is a ladies man 
 Little RF28 (Pohaku's boy) on Kauai... snoozing in the leaves

1 comment:

b said...

Man with Puppy in zone, excuse me, isnt that against the law...dog without a LEASH...there is a LEASH LAW IN HAWAII.

AND...cant puppies carry disease or worms??? Hmmmmm....THINK ABOUT THIS.

Cute little puppy...owner should keep it out of a seals area...tsk. tsk.