Friday, December 5, 2014

12/5/2014 DB's Dailies: Duke,Kainoa,Aukai, Buster&RM38@RI, Kea@SB Makaiwi@KBP, Benny@WP, Nihoa@Aki's, La'akea@TB

Kea was gone on my 0620 Sandy Beach check. I picked up the stuff and continued on.

 At 0717 on my first look at Rabbit Island I found Duke (RA12), Kainoa (RN04)& Aukai (RL12) at the far left end of the beach, Buster (RV08), 40 ft left of 1BS in the Morning Glory, and a 25% molted RM38 at 3BS. All the ID observations came on my 2nd look at 1000. The cast would move around through the morning. It wound up being Duke & Buster at the left end of the beach, with Aukai,RM38 & Kainoa at Left Greenery.

 A Lesley, Hotline call came at 1010 advising of “N45" at Kaupo Beach Park. (I’d had my dollar on Makaiwi being at AD, which is usually where find her, when she is headed this way), but Kaupo is just a few more flipper flaps. I arrived at 1015, confirmed the Makaiwi (R4DF) ID and cordoned her off. She looks great, and the N45 bleach, at least the one I saw, looks great. Kathy S., called at 1748 to advise that Makaiwi had departed just before they arrived at KBP. Thanks for pickin’ up the equipment guys. Ya’ Done Good !!

 On my umpteenth Sandy Beach check for the day, at 1240, I found Kea (RN46) on the outfall. Some good soul had put up the east end cones , signs and rope. A witness said it had been an older lady & a younger male with a small child who put the stuff up. We leave the equipment stowed there, and Kea has generated many fans after 53 consecutive days at this location, so the good folk were probably aware of what we do and just took it upon themselves to do it. Too bad there wasn’t a call also. I modified the east end cordoned and put up the west end stuff, completely the SPZ. A witness advised me that Kea had arrived at around 1030 , and provided the description of the Good Samaritans. I had been doing hourly checks, but the Makaiwi haul out through my schedule off. Hopefully, they will identify themselves one of these mornings, if they are regular Kea fans. Ya’ Done Good, whoever you are !!! As I was picking up the rope, Kea departed at 1835. As always thank you Gayle for the hunt and the late Kea shift.

 Team Billand checked in at 0615 with the report of an overnighted Benny (RE74) at “Sharkbite’s Tree”, White Plains.

 The Billands called at 1559 to advise that Volunteer Debbie had called with the report of an animal at Aki’s Beach, Makaha. Awaiting further word . At 1625 the Billands advised that Debbie had gotten the R912 ID on the Aki’s animal.

 Afternoon email brought news that Mark Sullivan had gotten an N31 bleach on La’akea’s (RK82) right shoulder.

 RM38 and Aukai 
 RM38, Aukai and Kainoa
 Kea

 La'akea and a beautiful bleach mark N31 
 The beautiful Miss Maka'iwi
 Benny at White plains before sunrise
Barb Billand photographing Robert photographing the beautiful sunrise
 Ba ba Benny
 Where's the wahine?
 Nihoa R912 at Aki's

No comments: