Wednesday, December 17, 2014

12/16/2014 DB's Dailies: RM38,Kainoa&Duke@RI, Kea@BH, RK36@TBL, RIP&Kolohe@Maili Pt, Haupu@Uleawa's

Though on the road at 0625, it would be 0722 before I encountered my first critter, RM38, at the log, 40 ft left of 1BS on Rabbit Island. When I got back to Makai Pier at 0930 I found that Duke (RA12) had joined him on the other side of the log. Both would later move down, allowing the ID. While watching those two, I became aware of movement in the Morning Glory behind them at 0956, and sure enough, just as happened yesterday, out pops Kainoa (RN04) onto the beach. I’d had absolutely no clue that he was there until he moved into the open. All would remain the rest of the day.

 I had done numerous Blowhole checks through the morning, but it would be Gayle who would find and report Kea (RN46) in the cove on the Sandy Beach side of th Blowhole Lookout at 1103. He has remained the rest of the day. Gayle called at 1750 to advise that the little dude had entered the water. 

At 1340 I got a call from Hanauma Bay posse member , Kaipo, advising that security personnel had reported at animal at Toilet Bowl, HB. When I got down there at 1410, to my shock & awe I found not Kaiwi as I had expected, but instead, RK36 , snoozin’ on the east side shelf below me. I had last seen him on 12-13-14 on Rabbit Island, having completed his molt. Records show that he has been to Toilet Bowl on multiple occasions, the last being 2-19/21/22/23-14, in the company of the lovely Kaiwi. No such luck today. I’m sure he and I are both hoping for better luck tomorrow.

 At 1458 Team Billand checked in with the report of RIP (RR70) & Kolohe (RW22) at Maili Point. 

At 1522 they found Haupu (RB24) at Uleawa’s, Maili.

 In the Yesterday’s News department, Gary Langley sent over shots of R8HY& Pohaku’s boy, RF28 on Kauai.

 Kainoa
 RM38 & Duke
 K36
 Looking good RK36 
Kea at Blow hole
 Kolohe at Maili
 Rip and Kolohe
 Rip
 the gorgeous Haupua

No comments: