Tuesday, December 16, 2014

12/15/2014 DB's Dailies: Kea@BH, RM38&Kainoa@RI, RIP,Benny&Kolohe@Maili Pt, Haupu@Maili, Pohaku@Electric Beach, RL42@Makua Cliffs

On my 4th trip to the Blowhole Lookout, I finally found Kea (RN46) , once again down in the small cove on the Sandy Beach side of Blowhole. He has remained the rest of the day.

On my 2nd look at Rabbit Island at 0900 I found what would later prove to be RM38, snoozin’ in the Morning Glory, 40 ft left of 1BS, up against a log.

At 0911 I thought I got a millisecond glimpse of something behind RM38. Sure enough at 1013 a small head arose from behind 38. It would prove to be Kainoa (RN04). I got the ID once he moved down to the left end of the beach. RM38 would also move down shortly thereafter. Both remained the rest of the day.

At 1206 Team Billand checked in with the report of RIP (RR70), Benny (RE74) & Kolohe (RW22) together at Maili Point.

At 1223 they found Haupu (RB24) at Maipalaoa, Maili.

At 1250 the Billands reported Pohaku (RO28) at Electric Beach.

At 1503 Team Billand found RL42 at Makua Cliffs.

In the Yesterday’s News department Mark Sullivan ran into R5AY on the beach yesterday , in Laie.

 Kainoa
 Kea at Blow hole 
 
 R5AY aka Honey Girl at Laie 
 Kolohe
 Pohaku
 Rip
 RL42

1 comment:

b said...

We also located two more animals...Benny @Maili, Haupu @Maipalaoa Beach.

At first...we just couldnt find anybody for hours. So we went Leeward and the magic started.

It felt great to see the boys together...like old times. But I still feel the empty spots...NO RO18 who died May 15 of this year and NO KERMIT in this group of boys. I keep hoping he shows up...

I sat at Plains for 2 hours waiting and waiting...bah...No body home out there . But the surfers made my morning enjoyable..I dont know all their names, but I sure enjoy their spirit...Catching all those waves. They all ask, WHERE ARE THE SEALS? And when is KERMIT COMING BACK??? Thats the one question everyone asks!!!! As Kermit has become a seal, dear to many humans at Plains.

We also got fooled sitting at KoOlina, going from lagoon to lagoon WITH NO ONE THERE EITHER.

Miss Pohaku had left a big Spew on shore...we saw fish bones, bright yellow bile, worms and lots of tako legs. This may sound insane, but I find spew so interesting...you can see the diet of a monk seal.

Here comes another day..here we go, packing our stuffs, with eager hearts, we go ... out the door to our seal mobile..Out the gate for: An Adventure!