Monday, December 15, 2014

12/15/2014 DB's Dailies: 2 U/M@RI, Kea&Duke@BH , Pohaku@Secrets, Kaikaina@TB, Nihoa@Ranch's, Haupu@Uleawa's

It was miserable out there today. Only dummies & seals would be out there. Thanks to my fellow dummies, Marilyn, Gayle, Melanie , Vera, and of course Team Billand, that I know of. If there were more, thank you........very much !

 At 0700 I would find an U/U doing 6 minute dives at Blowhole. I could not get an ID, but my dollar is on Duke . More later.

 On my first look at Rabbit Island at 0748 I found an U/M, with a new coat at the log, 40 ft left of 1BS. On my 2nd look at 1020 I found an U/M tucked into the base of the cliff, 100 ft left of 1BS. I was never able to ID either animal.

 Gayle called at 1218 with the report of an animal in the cove on the Sandy Beach side of the Blowhole Lookout. By the time I arrived at 1224 she had determined that there were, in fact, 2 animals down there. Thanks to Kea’s (RN46) RFF natural bleach, that ID was immediate. The other animal’s ID would take some work, but at 1250 I had confirmed the Duke (RA12) ID. They were still there on our 1700 check.

 Team Billand checked in at 0849 with the report of Pohaku (RO28) at Secrets, KoOlina. Pohaku remained at dark.

 Vera Cober called at 1211 advising that she had found Kaikaina (RL54) at Kaihalulu Beach, Turtle Bay.

 At 1505 Team Billand advised that they were responding to a Hotline call of an animal at “Ranch’s” on the west side. They confirmed the R912 ID at 1524. Seconds after I received word about the Nihoa (R912) ID, Vera Cober’s email arrived with her Kaikaina shots, and she also said that they had seen “912" on their way out. My heart skipped a beat until I saw her last shot. I’m still laughing !! Funny! I had the similar reaction to the photo.... saw the label on the file and opened it and had a good bella laugh.... Thank you Vera!!

 At 1530 Ocean Safety called with the report of an animal at Uleawa’s. The Billands confirmed the Haupu (RB24) ID at 1555.

 Donna forward a couple of shots of an animal in Nanakuli today. An analysis of the shots by the Billands confirm that this is also Haupu, at Uleawa’s.

 Well LOOK who it is.... sir Duke!  We don't often get a good look at this boy's face!
 Duke and Kea hanging out.... how cute is this?
 Kea
 Haupu sent in by my friend Karen !!! (thanks Karen) 
 Team Billand gets the ID shot of Haupu
 R912 Nihoa 
 good to see this girl back in town
 Pohaku at Secrets
 gorgeous !  
Kaikaina at Turtle Bay
 Beautiful picture of a beautiful creature
 and last but not least 912 .... :-)  

No comments: