Friday, November 7, 2014

11/7/2014 DB's Dailies: Kea@SB, Kainoa,Kolohe&Buster@RI, Kaiwi@CW

On my 0620 Sandy Beach check Kea was gone. I picked up the stuff, but a call from posse member Barbara at 0650 had me putting it right back up with her report of the return of Kea (RN46) to the outfall. He has remained all day. He was still there at dark.

 On my 2nd look at Rabbit Island at 0824 I found what would prove to be Kainoa (RN04) on the rocks at the left end of the beach.

 On a routine pan at 0859 I got 2 surprises. The first was a male fisherman sleeping on Rocky Right Beach, with his green kayak nearby. Several feet further right, on the other side of the entrance to RRB cove I found what would prove to be Buster (RV08). I contacted DOCARE , of course, and an officer did respond but the guy hung out and slept on the beach until his departure from the island at 1039, and then continued his fishing moving off around the back side of the island. The officer gave up waiting and departed. Buster seemed to have been completely oblivious to the guy’s presence. Buster remained the rest of the day.

 On a pan at 0941 I found that Kolohe (RW22) had arrived to join Kainoa on the left end rocks. Both would remain all day.

 Posse member Ben called at 1030 with word of an animal behind a house at China Walls. Since I was busy with the bad guy, I called Gayle and advised her. She confirmed the Kaiwi (RK96) ID

Buster and bad guy
 Kolohe and Kaina
 Kaiwi
 excuse me... oh miss excuse me... you are WAY TOO CLOSE!
 Kea burying his head in the naupaka
 sweet little one! 

No comments: