Wednesday, October 29, 2014

10/29/2014 Lesley's Windward and Mokuleia Trek

Today I went out solo to monitor Windward side, Marconi Rd, High Rock, TBR, Kaihalulu Beach, Hanaka’Ilio (2nd Beach) then I drove to Mokuleia to check Camp Erdman and Birth Beach Mokuleia.
Due to a strong downpour I chose not to hike to the point.

I was SUNKED on the Windward side. It was early and the tide was very high. Specially at High Rock / Kahuku (my first stop). The second stop was TBR where the waves of the high surf were already rolling in. No seals or hauling out signs on the beaches
 
The drive to Mokuleia was under on and off downpours.
I found RW02 "Kauai PV" overnighted on birth Beach side of Camp Erdman. He's looking good in his new coat but seems to be liking to haul out in the same location even having finished his molt a week ago.

RN58 "Luana" also seems to have overnighted on Birth Beach. She may have started her molt around her eyes. I wasn't able to see her belly. The one chance I had was when she moved from side to side, but she did it facing a rock.  Aloha, Lesley 

 RN58 Luana
 RW02

No comments: