Wednesday, October 29, 2014

10/29/2014 DB's Dailies: Kea&Buster@SB, Duke&Kolohe@RI, Haupu@WP

At 0600 I found an overnighted Kea (RN46). He would move down and enter the water at 0637, swimming off to the west. On my 0947 recheck I found him back on the outfall, where he has remained the rest of the day. He remained at dark.

At 1010 Buster (RV08) stopped by for a brief visit. He did not see Kea , who was in a slightly different part of the outfall than usual. Buster did not haul out but checked the area, before departing to the west at 1013. Despite lotsa’ lookin’ I have not seen him again today.

On my first look at Rabbit Island I found Duke (RA12) at the left end. Access to the pier was limited today, since Hawaii 5-0 owned it until noon. When I got back at 1150 I found that Kolohe (RW22) was now at the left end with Duke.

At 0850 Team Billand reported Haupu (RB24) near the fence line at White Plains. Tracy & Angie went out today, to administer antibiotics to Haupu because of some puncture wound that were noted by the Billands a few days again. Haupu departed after the procedure, at 1013.
Duke
 Kea
 
 Life is good
 Buster
 Haupu  at White Plains 
Tracy and Angie getting the medicine ready for Haupu
 Angie administering the medication (NOAA Permit #932-1905)

not sure if this was before or after 
 pretty sure this was after... she is out of here.

No comments: