Sunday, October 19, 2014

10/19/2014 DB's Dailies: Kolohe&2UU@RI, Kea@SB, Right Spot @MCBH, KC&RF28 from Kauai

I don’t know which was worse, being out there in the rain or a consisting mostly of back to back to back football. My choice was the outside, but on a much abbreviated basis. Thanks to Missus W and Melanie for being out there too. I know the Billands were out there also, but were batting Zero when I last heard.

I did a couple of brief looks at Rabbit Island from Makai Pier, but since the island was barely visible, getting an ID was pretty much impossible. There were 3 animals out there. Kolohe (RW22) I could ID because of his old coat, and his location in the Morning Glory, where he has been the last few days. There was a medium sized, new coated U/U animal at the log, 40 ft left of 1BS, and a larger U/U animal with a new coat at Right Middle Cliff. That was the best I could do.

Though he had not been there on my 2 previous checks, Kimo Smith called at 0842 to advise that he had found Kea (RN46) on the outfall at Sandy Beach. When I arrived at 0850 I confirmed the ID, and we cordoned him off. He had initially been amongst the rocks just above the water line, but on subsequent rechecks by Marilyn, Melanie & myself, he had moved fully into the Naupaka by afternoon. Kea was gone on my 1739 recheck.

I got email from Dana this morning , forwarding a Tony Querobin shot of Right Spot (R016) from yesterday at MCBH. Thanks Tony !!!

I found mail this morning from Val Bloy, on Kauai. She provided shots of Pohaku’s boy , RF28, and KC (RK28). Thanks Val.... Ya’ Done Good!

 Kea hanging out in the rain
 back into the Naupaka
 Kolohe on Rabbit Island
 Right Spot on Marine Corp Base Hawaii
 KC on Kauai hanging out with pal Val 
 RF28 trying to find a comfortable spot
 hmmmm i'm not convinced...
 Look!  It's the race between the honu and the seal.... silly seal is snoozing... Honu wins!

No comments: