Monday, October 13, 2014

10/13/2014 DB's Dailies (PARTIAL UPDATE)

This is a partial update.... I left my power cord at work and honestly too pooped to drive back especially since I am due back for the early shift.... I will update/load the photos in the morning....  sorry gang.

At 0705 I found T990 once again hangin’ out at his Mangrove spot. I adjusted the cordon, and he remained all day. Gayle and Lesley also stopped in for checks.

At 0756 I found a bumper cropa’ critters, all clustered around the log at the center of the Morning Glory patch, 40 ft left of 1BS, on Rabbit Island. The cast would prove to be, Duke (RA12), Kolohe (RW22), Kaiwi (RK96), and what would be an U/U. The U/U is probably Aukai or Nani, but I just never saw what I needed to see, including getting a sex. It would depart at 1325. Maybe tomorrow ?? The rest of the gang remained all day. Kolohe was a surprise find. It’s nice to see him back home once in a while.

Team Billand reported a foraging Haupu (RB24) off Nimitz Cove at 0739. She would finally haul out at 0927. She would depart at 1750. The Billands reported Pohaku (RO28) at Maili Point at 1432.

Lesley, Diane G., Stacie R. & Karen T., did the Turtle Bay and beyond check. They found a molting Ua Malie (RT10) at High Rock.

 Dana sent email from Kelli Bullock showing a animal at Kahala Beach. I thought I saw a white tipped LFF in her shots, and when Karen Rohter sent her shots, it was a no brainer. It’s was absolutely Rocky (RH58) showing off her signature LFF.

 Both Ken Tingman and Kimo Smith did the Ka’ena Point trek today. Between them they found Ka’ena (RO40), a molting BG (R303), Nihoa (R912)&Benny (RE74) together on the Waianae side trail, and RW02 once again at Camp Erdman. Thanks guys !!!

 Val Bloy also checked in providing shots of KC (RK28) and Rocky’s girl (RF58) on Kauai.


 Kaiwi, Duke, Kolohe and UU 
T990 I love these photos of him
 very exotic setting....

No comments: