Saturday, September 6, 2014

9/5/2014 Kolohe@RI, U/U@SB, Pohaku&RIP@Nanakuli, M&M@WSK

At 0913 I found Kolohe (RW22) just hauling out to the left end of the beach on Rabbit Island.

At 1257, from Blowhole, I found an U/U swimming toward Sandy Beach. At 1301 it checked the west end from the shallows, and departed. At 1313 it did the same at the east end. I lost it at 1317. Despite checking surrounding beaches as well as later checks of SB & BH, I did not see the animal again. My dollar is on Buster but ???????

At 0631 Team Billand reported Pohaku (RO28) at Nanakuli. At 0925 Diane T called to advise that RIP (RR70) had hauled out to join her. Mark Sullivan was out there on a bleaching mission and Pohaku is now sporting a brand new N28 bleach. Team Billand called at 1851 to advise that both RIP & Pohaku had just departed.

At 1426 the Billands reported a swimming M&M (R020) at Wind Sock.

Kolohe at Rabbit Island - DB, I got to tell I am amazed by these photos... you're sitting across on the pier!  For the first time in 7 years I can actually look at one of these photos and think okay I can understand how he IDs them.... 
 ah ha  - you never know whose lurking in the waters near you 
 Pohaku, Rip and friend out at Nanakuli 
 Pohaku with her N28 dye job
Miss MM 
 enjoying a swim
 Rip and Pohaku
 The team out at Nanakuli
 Hey Pohaku - Yes Rip. What do you think they're looking at?
 I don't know but I'm out of here
 Look I'm flying.... well I'm catching some air
 Note to self:  Be careful who you trust... you might end up with a bleach mark on your butt
 Diane T - busy taking some pictures.... thank you Diane and Team Billand

No comments: