Monday, September 29, 2014

9/29/2014 DB's Dailies: Kainoa,Duke&Kaiwi@RI, T990@Aina Haina, Buster@BH&SB, Rocky@Kaimana, Haupu@NIM&WSK

At 0658 from Makai Pier I found Kainoa (RN04) & Duke (RA12) at 1BS, and Kaiwi (RK96), 60 ft left of Seal Rock Inlet. When I got back at 0950 Kainoa & Duke were down on the beach front incline, and Kaiwi was gone.  At 1049 Kaiwi hauled out to 60 ft left of SRI. All remained the rest of the day.

Posse member , May had called at 0705 to advise that T990 was still there near her house at Aina Haina. After going to work traffic I checked him at 0900 . He was happy and well, right where we’d left him last night .  I checked with May at 1818 and she advised that he was still there. 

At 1301 I found Buster (RV08) doing 6 minute dives at Blowhole Lookout . ID was by the left eye anomaly I’d noted yesterday at HB. 

I returned to Blowhole at 1534, and at 1600 I observed what would prove to be Buster (RV08) just hauling out to the Blowhole end of Sandy Beach. I relocated and cordoned him off. 2 minutes after I finished the cordon Buster reentered the water. (I hate it when that happens). I returned to Blowhole I remained there for a hour , but did not see Buster again. 

At 0729 Diane T., called to advise that Rocky (RH58) was once again at Kaimana Beach. Both Diane & Karen Rohter provided Rocky shots. I appreciate that very much. She appears to be about 95% molted. 

At 0838 the Billands reported Haupu (RB24) fronting #1811, Nimitz Cottages . She would depart at 1110.  The Billands would find her again at Wind Sock, at 1145. She would depart at 1700. 

There had been a report of an animal at Maili Guard Rails, but the Billands found nobody there, or in the surrounding area.
Kainoa and Duke
 Kaiwi
 Can you imagine coming out of your gate and there is a seal on the lawn... then again T990 very very green.... would be easy to miss him 
 Haupu at Nimitz 
 Buster at blowhole
 Rocky still hanging out Kaimana

No comments: