Friday, September 19, 2014

9/18/2014 Update from Lesley

Kimo & I did the Ka'ena Pt monitoring today.
We saw RW02 "Kauai" in the Main Pool - very green must be ready to molt soon.
RL42 was on the little beach inside "Ka'ena's  Pool". Beautiful on her new coat.
On our way in and out we checked bb Mokuleia, but didn't see any seal.

Later I responded to a morning call of a seal on Crozier Rd. I called our volunteer friend Trish to ask  her if I could access the beach thru her house. I walked down the beach, and was amazed at the amount of turtles hauled out there.
I found 4DF "Makaiwi" sleeping peacefully. Due to the light & sunglare it was hard to see if she has started her molt. Her back seemed to be ruffled up as if beguining to molt (chest was not visible)
Pictures and official reports will follow tomorrow.
I'll go by Birth Beach & Crozier in the morning.   Aloha, Lesley


No comments: