Saturday, September 13, 2014

9/12/2014 DB's Dailies: Aukai&Nani@RI, Kaiwi@CW, T21M@SB, Pohaku@Maili Cove,Nihoa@Keaau's, M&M@WP

At 0756 I found Aukai (RL12)& Nani (RK60) together fronting 1BS on Rabbit Island. They were still there on my return at 1130.

At 1151 Gayle called with the report of Kaiwi (RK96) at China Walls.

At 1251 posse member Maile called with the report of an animal just hauling out amongst the rocks at the Blowhole end of Sandy Beach. When I arrived a 1555 I found T21M. I cordoned him off. We picked up the stuff at dark. T21M remains.

At 0650 Team Billand reported Pohaku (RO28) at Maili Cove. Debbie advised that Pohaku had been visited by another animal at 1345 and both had departed.

 At 0819 the Billands reported Nihoa (R912) at Keaau’s.

Team Billand reported M&M (R020) hauling out briefly at the east end fence line at White Plains. They noted unusual behavior and Mark Sullivan responded. The NOAA team will be going out tomorrow to assess her condition.

Aukai and Nani
 Kaiwi at china walls 
 T21 at sandys --- oh this poor old dude is looking very frail...I hope he has the strength to get some weight back on himself sometime soon....  
MM peeking up out of the water at white plains
 hanging out at the shore break
 checking out the surfers
Nihoa at Keaau starting her molt....
 let's see how long it takes
she's off to a good start
 Pohaku at Maili
 looking good pretty lady
 let's see if she stay here for a little bit.

1 comment:

barbara said...

I love R020, she is one of the prettiest females. Prayers Miss M. You are in my heart and soul.