Wednesday, August 6, 2014

8/5/2014 DB's Dailies: Buster@BH&SB, Kainoa@RI, Kolohe&Nihoa@GR, M&M@WP, Pohaku&RIP@Nanakuli BP

At 0629 I found what would later prove to be Buster (RV08) doing 7 minute dives at Blowhole. He was gone on my next check, but there again on my 1230 recheck for a single up.

 At 1309 Diane Gabriel called with a Hotline report of an animal that I would ultimately find at Crappy Cove, at 1139. It was Buster (RV08). He did not haul out, but swam out and west. I quickly relocated to the east end of Sandy Beach, just in time to see him lolling in a pool near the sewer outfall, with too many people in his face. He continued on and out the Half Point channel. I quickly relocated back to Blowhole and at 1355 found the boy back to doing 7 minute dives at BH.

 At 0951 posse member Martha called with the report of an animal swimming in an empty (Tuesday...Closed) HB. Two separate witnesses saw the animal, but it remains an U/U. (My dollar is on Buster but ??)

 At 1106 I found a 99% molted Kainoa (RN04) at the far left end of the beach on Rabbit Island. He would relocate to 100 ft left of 1BS , allowing the ID. He was the only RI resident today.

 Team Billand checked in at 0640 with the report of Kolohe (RW22) & Nihoa 9R912) at Maili Guard Rails. They were gone at 1400.

 At 0725 they reported M&M , once again at #1708, White Plains.

 At 1448 Team Billand found Pohaku (RO28)& RIP(RR70) together at Nanakuli Beach Park.

 The Billands are working late.... again. Check the blog in the morning for their day.

 Benny
 Kainoa 

No comments: