Tuesday, July 22, 2014

7-21-2014 DB's Dailies: Kainoa&Pua@RI, Kaiwi@CW, Kolohe@Maili Pt, RIP,M&M@WP, T21M@Haleiwa, Ka'ena,Temp402&RW02@KP, Meli@TB, La'akea@Kahuku Pt,

On my first look at Rabbit Island at 0705 I found what would later prove to be Kainoa (RN04) up in the Morning Glory, 40 ft left of 1BS . Now that the birds are gone the seals can once again move up into the cool vegetation.  When I got back to Makai Pier at 0933 he had moved down to the beach front incline where he remained until Pua’s arrival.

 At 1154 Pua (RF34) arrived and briefly hauled out to join Kainoa. They almost immediately reentered the water for a swim/ play session. I had to leave for another call at 1317 and did not get back to MP, so I did not see them again.

 At 1210 Gayle called with the report of Kaiwi (RK96) at her usual China Walls hangout.

 At 1317 a Sandy Beach life guard posse person called to advise of an animal at the east end of Sandy Beach. When I arrived at 1325 the animal was gone. Speaking to the two women and their large red dog when I arrived I got the distinct feeling they had everything to do with the animal’s departure. I relocated to Blowhole so as to get a better overview of SB as well as Blowhole. I remained until 1600 and never saw anybody. My guess was Buster but that doesn’t have to be the case at all.

 At 0656 Team Billand reported Kolohe (RW22) at Maili Point.

 At 0733 the Billands reported RIP (RR70) & M&M (R020) fronting Tower#2, White Plains. The Billands reported the duo’s departure at 1900.

 Dana called at 1706 with the report of T21M at Ali’i Beach Park, Haleiwa today.

 Evening email from Kimo Smith brought photos from the end of the world, with Ka’ena (RO40), Temp402 & RW02 at Ka’ena Point, then at Turtle Bay he found Meli (RF20), and a Kahuku Point, La’akea (RK82. Thank You Kimo!

 Kainoa and Pua
 
 kaiwi at china wall
 
 Rip and MM 
 inseparable 
 Kolohe 
Ka'ena
 Temp 402
 scratches on her belly
La'akea at Kahuku Point
 nice picture.... great perspective!
 Meli at Turtle Bay
 sweet little Meli !

No comments: