Tuesday, July 15, 2014

7-14-14 DB's Double Daily Report : Kea&Buster@BH, Buster@SB, Pua&Kainoa@R, Kaiwi@KK, Makaiwi@Makaha, RIP,M&M@WP, 2 UU@MakuaBus

At 0620 I found an over nighted Kea (RN46) at the cove on the Sandy Beach side of the Blowhole Lookout. He would move down and depart at 0826.

 At 0640 I became aware of what would prove to be Buster (RV08) doing 6 minute dives at Blowhole. When I came back on my 1100 recheck, Buster was no longer there.

 At 0857 Marilyn called with the report of Kaiwi (RK96) at China Walls. She was gone on Melanie’s late afternoon check.

 At 1052 Marilyn called to advise that she had found Kea (RN46) on the sewer outfall at the east end of Sandy Beach. Witnesses said he had been there since about 0900. I had received no calls. I cordoned him off, but he departed at 1123. I relocated to Blowhole, while Marilyn & Melanie went to Crappy Cove.

At 1144 I found Kea foraging midway off shore of the rocks midway between SB and BH. He was definitely eating something but I could never see what it was. At 1224 he hauled out again to the cove on the SB side of the BH lookout, where he has remained the rest of the day.

 Sandy Beach posse member Jeff called at 1429 with the report of an animal just hauling out to the east end of Sandy Beach. When we arrived at 1339 we found Buster (RV08) and cordoned him off. He remains. Buster finally departed at 1948.

 Team Billand called at 0624 with the report of Makaiwi (R4DE) at Makaha Beach. It was the usual nightmare. Thanks to Debbie, Carrie & Brandi.

 At 0839 the Billands reported Kolohe (RW22) once again at Maili Point.

 At 0900 they found Pohaku (RO28) & Benny (RE74) at Aki’s Beach, Makaha. The crowd was not helpful. They thankfully departed at 0925.

 7-14-14  (two reports in one?)

 At 0632 I found Kea (RN46), once again in the cove on the Sandy Beach side of the Blowhole Lookout. He would be gone on my 0930 recheck.

 At 0805 I found Buster (RV08) doing 7 minute dives at Blowhole. He too would be gone on my 0930 recheck.

 At 1035 on my 2nd look at Rabbit Island I found Pua (RF34) & Kainoa (RN04) at the left end of RI. 

At 1200 Gayle called with the report of Kaiwi (RK96) at the Kokee Flats.

 At 1228 on a drive through at Sandy Beach, I found Buster (RV08) at the east end. I’d gotten no calls. Witnesses said he had been there since noon. I cordoned him off, and he remains. Gayle & Marilyn reported that Buster did his slow roll to the sea at 1827.

 At 0620 Team Billand called with the report of Makaiwi (R4DF) at Makaha. She would depart at 1240.

At 0632 the Billands called to say they’d been advised by a posse member of 2 animals at White Plains. The posse member cordoned them off. The Billands confirmed the RIP (RR70) & M&M ID fronting #1708 at 0828. Thanks to Diane T., Jean J. & Angel C for the help.

 At 0811 the Billands advised of a call about 2 animals at Makua. When they arrived the animals were gone.
Buster
  Kaiwi
working her abs
 Kea with a very green bottom 
 Rip and MM - Barb didn't you JUST ask where she was - that she was missing for 2 weeks!  Well here she is, you must have been really happy surprised when you came across her! 
 Rip !
 Maka'iwi

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No, THE Donna did not screw up on the dailies. I accidentally copied a portion of the Sunday dailies and didn't realize my mistake until this morning. Sorry, DB