Tuesday, July 1, 2014

6-30-2014 DB's Dailies: Sadie,Pua,Kolohe,Kainoa&Aukai@RI, Kaiwi@KK, Buster@SB, Haupu,Kerby&Nihoa@LahiLahi

On my 2nd look at Rabbit Island at 0948 I found Sadie (RB12) at the left end of the beach, near the water line. At 0957 Kolohe (RW22) hauled out to join her.

At 1026 I noticed Pua (RF34) in the shallows below the other two. She rolled in the shore break and stayed in the shallows, never hauling out.

On a pan a 1105 I found Kainoa (RW22) & Aukai (RL12) together on the water front rocks left of Seal Rock Inlet.

Gayle called at 1227 with the report of Kaiwi (K96) at the Kokee Flats.

At 1544 Cianna called with the report of an animal attempting to haul out to Eternity Beach. While driving Cianna advised that the animal had departed. When I arrived at 1551 I found an animal at Blowhole and shortly thereafter it headed off in a Sandy Beach direction. From Blowhole I observed it haul out to the far west end of SB. When I got down there, I confirmed the Buster (RV08) ID. I cordoned him off. He was still there when I departed at dark. 

At 1050 Cianna called with a report from Karen Turner of La’akea (RK82) at the Elbow, Kaihalulu Beach, Turtle Bay. 

At 1342 FD dispatch called with the report of 3 animals at LahiLahi Beach, Makaha. When I contacted Dana she advised that she was already on her way. At 1459 Dana called saying that she believed the animals to be Haupu (RB24), a possible Kerby(RW08) & a possible Nihoa(R912).  At 3 AM I finally got my Yahoo back, and got to Dana’s shots. She was correct on all counts.
Kainoa and Aukai
 Pua f34, Kolohe w22 and Sadie b12
 Sadie and Kolohe !  Welcome home Sadie
 Kaiwi at blow hole....
 Kaiwi K96 at kokee flats
 what a beautiful shot... love the mountains... oh and the seal's pretty cute too
 Buster V08
 Buster's shake and bake tail... lol look's like sand sculpture to me
 RB24 Haupu
 oh momma!!!
Kerby
 Kerby RW08
 Nihoa R912 
 snot bubble :-)

No comments: