Thursday, April 24, 2014

4-23-2014 DB's Dailies:

At 0716 I found Sadie & Pup (RB12)(D#20) in the water. They would haul out to the left end of Rabbit Island at 1058 and do a feed. It was a lengthy snooze session after that.
 
Also at 0716 what would prove to be Kainoa (RN04)(1114) up in the Morning Glory, fronting 1BS. He would later move down allowing the ID. His LFF CC wound continues to heal and now appears as a large black wound, with no red meat showing. He is still not using his LFF.
 
At 1025 I found an U/F on the water front rocks of Seal Rock Inlet. I saw no tags,
 
At 1257 RM38 (1300) hauled out to join her. After a few minute of interaction RM38 began moving right and back to the water. The U/F followed . They entered the water at 1314 and I lost them.
 
At this point I have an "Oooops" to fess’ up to in yesterday’s dailies. I stated that Buster was on Rabbit Island yesterday. That appears to be in error. I nowe believe yesteday’s animal was probably RM38. My pal Joe Libby sent shots of a swimmer in Waikiki yesterday afternoon. If you blow up the "a" shot you can see a partial tag, and a light patch on the posterior left side. This is a Buster (RV08) marker. Libby’s shots show him trying to haul out, or more probably he is just lookin’ for chicks, most probably Rocky. The Billands would report Buster back at White Plains this morning. I rest my case.
 
At 0646 Team Billand reporte M&M (R020) at the showers, White Plains.
 
At 0929 they found Kermit (R012) at Wind Sock.
 
At 1025 they reported the arrival of Buster to join M&M at White Plains.
 
At 1036 RIP (RR70) arrived to join Buster & M&M. A full blown battle ensued. Buster would depart only to haul out again to #1707 WP. RIP would depart at 1728.
 
At 1551 the Billands reported the arrival of R018, hauling out to join Buster at #1707.
 

Once again the Billands are running late. Check the blog in the morning for their day.

 Sadie and pup ... me thinks DB is enjoying his new toy!
 Buster at Waikiki - I had to magnify this photo several levels to realize that is sand... first I thought a wound... then I though some type of debris... but no just some sand. whew! 
 
 amazing people are just hanging out... like no big deal a 400 pound seal is coming in the water.

No comments: