Thursday, April 17, 2014

4-17-2014 DB's Dailies: Sadie&Pup,Kainoa,U/F,Nani&RE70@RI, T21M@SB, Kaiwi@CW, Nihoa@PC, Right Spot@Papailoa,Kermit@NIM, Buster&Kekoa@RR, Rocky@DH, Aukai@Moku Nu

At 0706 I found Sadie & Pup (RB12)(D#14) doing the first of 3 feeds I would see today. They also did 2 swim sessions in my presence.
 
Also at 0706 I found the same U/F of the last few days, at Right Greenery. She would be gone when I got back at 1246.
 
At 0830 I found Kainoa (RN04) at right Middle Cliff. His CC wound is still visible, but healing.
 
At 0841 I found Nani (RK60), 80 ft right of 3BS on RI.
 
Lifeguard posse member Donovan called at 1051 reporting an animal at the Blowhole end of Sandy Beach. When I arrived at 1102 I found T21M once again. I cordoned him off. Gayle reported his departure at 1811. Thank You Gayle !!
 
At 1246 I got back to Makai Pier and found a new arrival. It was an adult animal with a transmitter. Tracy and I talked over the possibilities and she narrowed it down to a couple. It would prove to be an adult male from Molokai, RE70. The ID was by the scar on the top of his neck as well as a very visible entanglement scar around his neck. Tracy and I both vaguely remembered his being at RI before, and lo and behold when I looked in data I found that we had met on 1-15-10 on Rabbit Island, and then again on 8-15-11 when I found him with Ewa Girl at Hanauma Bay.
 
Diga called (Hotline) with a report from Nikki (sp?) reporting a small animal on some rocks at China Walls. When I arrived at 1637 I found Kaiwi (RK96) in her usual spot at CW.
 
Team Billand advised that their posse member John had called them at 0455 to report a foraging animal in the Paradise Cove lagoon. When they arrived at 0637 the confirmed Nihoa (R912). She would depart at 0649.
 
Dana called at 0659 to advise that she recieved a report and photo of Right Spot (R016) at Papailoa Rd, on the North Shore.
 
At 0825 the Billands found Kermit (R012) once again on the reef fronting the #1813 pavilion at Nimitz Cottages. He would depart at 1503.
 
Team Billand found Buster (RV08) at the birth beach at the Reef Runway, at 1135.
 
At 1233 they found Kekoa (RK72) at Gate#322, on the Reef Runway.
 
Melanie checked in at 1508 with the report of Rocky (RH58) below the lighthouse at Diamond Head.
 

Email from Donna sent by her kayaker posse showed Aukai (RL12) on Moku Nui once again today.

 RE70 - Visiting Rabbit Island from Molokai
 Sadie and pup
Aukai on Moku Nui again! 
 Kaiwi at China Walls
 Nani at Rabbit Island
 Rocky at Diamond Head... she's growing!
 T21M at Sandy's Beach
Buster heading out onto Reef Runway
 Well hello gorgeous!
 Kekoa looking very handsome
 Kermit out at Nimitz
 Nihoa R912-Paradise Cove

No comments: