Tuesday, April 15, 2014

4-15-2014 DB's Dailies: Sadie&Pup,Kainoa&U/F@RI, T21M@SB, Kea@BH, Haupu@Sec, R5AY@Kualoa Pt, Nihoa&Kerby@PC, Aukai@Mokes

At 0638 I found Sadie&Pup(RB12)(D#12), 10 ft left of 1BS on Rabbit Island. I would observe 2 swims and 2 feeds , but I was gone a lot, and frequent rain squalls, made the day difficult.
 
Also at 0638 I found the same U/F at Left Greenery, on RI. When I got back to the pier at 0948 I found that Kainoa (RN04) had joined her. When I checked the beach after a lengthy squall at 1105 I saw that both were gone. I did not see them again today.

At 0854 posse member Teri called to advise that she’d received a text about an animal at the Gas Chambers end of Sandy Beach. When I arrived at 0906 I found T21M waiting for me at the end of the sand at the Blowhole end of the beach . I cordoned him off and he remains. He departed at 1847.
 
At 1332 I found Kea (RN04) in the small cove on the Sandy Beach side of the Blowhole Lookout. He had not been there on earlier checks, by both Gayle and myself. He was still there on my 1903 check.
At 0628 the Billands saw an animal do a swim through at PC, and keep going. Barbara confirmed the Kolohe (RW22) by her photos this evening.
 
At 0844 the Billands advised that KoOlina security had called them about an animal at Lagoon#4. When they arrived they found Haupu (RB24).
 
At 1020,Lesley advised that she’d seen R5AY at Kualoa Point this morning.
 
At 1043 Team Billand reported Nihoa (R912) at Lagoon#3, KoOlina. At 1413 they advised that had relocated to Paradise Cove.
 
At 1608 Dana called with the report of the arrival of another animal at PC. At 1847 the Billands confirmed the Kerby (RW08) ID.
 
Late email from Donna provided shots of Aukai (RL12) on Moku Nui today. Thanks to the kayak posse !
 

Check for the Billands shots on da' blog.

Aukai on Moku Nui 
 special shout out to Kailua Sailboard and Kayaks for looking after this little girl and being so diligent about calling it in and taking phoros! 
 Kea at blow hole ! 
 The distinguished elder T21 in his new suit.

No comments: